First of all, the gorgeous Sovina from Wedding on the Cards gave me The Sunshine Award last week – my very first one people!:D Sovina’s blog is an eclectic mix of wedding planning advice and personal style. So, whether you’re getting married or generally obsessed with weddings like me, you have to go check it out! Besides, she wears the cutest clothes that you just don’t want to miss. Go ahead, do your clickety-click thing and follow her blog.
As for me, I’m spreading the love and passing this award to my other favorite bloggers. Here are my picks:
1) Dipti from Sedative
2) Swati from My Dil-logical bla bla!
3) Shantanu from Infernal Impudence of Life
4) Pavitra from Deafening Silence
Congratulations, you guys! Please feel free to write your thank-you speeches in the comments section below. 😉
Secondly, I decided to tag myself on the “10 things that piss/turn me off” tag that’s been doing the rounds thanks to Tanvi, because it’s just so much more fun to write (and read!) about things that people hate, rather than things people love! 😀
So, without further ado, here’s my list, in no particular order:
1. People who smell bad. I mean how hard is it? Just take a shower every day and wear deodorant! Oh and change your socks!
2. People who burp out loud. If it’s unintentional and followed by an “excuse me,” I let it go. But I’m talking about the kind of people who burp out loud, hold their belly and say “mazaa aa gaya!” (Loosely translated to “that was good.”) GRROOOOOOOOSSS! Oh and while we’re at it, men who scratch their balls in public…eww eww eww!
3. When it’s so hot (Read: Delhi!) that sweat slowly starts to trickle down your back. Aggh..I hate that feeling!
4. When people are overcritical about other people’s fashion choices. I mean it’s OK to wear sunglasses indoors and it’s OK to wear scarves in the summer. My theory on this is that if it looks good, wear it. Heck, flaunt it!
5. When the Indian media derives news from celebrities’ twitter accounts, without bothering to do anymore research on the subject. That’s just lazy journalism! Wait, come to think about it, the Indian media in general!
6. People who correct other people’s grammar or spelling on blogs. Seriously? This is a blog, not the NY times. Chill out!
7. People who think I have a fake accent in English just because I don’t have an accent in Hindi. Umm, how exactly are those two related? Oh and people who think I can easily get a job in India because of my accent. Wtf? I’m applying for a writing position and not for some VJ job on MTV India!
8. Men who become extra mushy/cheesy in love and start acting like women. Man up, dude! There are plenty of manly ways to show your affection; stop stealing ideas from women!
9. Copycats and personality stealers. They annoy me the most! I don’t know why it’s so hard for some people to just be themselves and be a tad bit original!
10. When people think they are doing you a favor by telling you that you have gained weight. I’m a woman and I’m very much aware of every inch of fat I gain on my body. I don’t need you for that, thank you very much!
Wow that felt really good! Writing all this stuff down really feels like some kind of therapy! Lol! 😛 Ok, so I’m tagging everyone who reads this blog and is interested. Can’t wait to read your lists!
Let the bitching begin! 😀