Sipping on coconut water is the latest endeavor in my quest to lead a healthier lifestyle. I don’t like drinking green tea during the summer, so coconut water is a great substitute. It keeps you cool and hydrated, and it’s packed with some great health and beauty benefits! Have you included coconut water in your diet plan yet?
If you haven’t, you sure will after reading this. I did a little bit of googling and here’s what I found:
- It naturally replenishes your body’s fluids after a workout, making it a great natural sports drink
- It’s low in fat, carbs and sugar and rich in fiber, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- It speeds up your metabolism and promotes weight loss
- It helps with digestion and detoxification of the body
- It builds up your immune system
And now the beauty perks:
- Its antioxidant properties help reduce wrinkles and gives strength and elasticity to the skin.
- Applying coconut water on the face is known to decrease excessive oil (must try this!), so it’s great for people with oily/acne prone skin. It’s even known to clear up blackheads!
- Adding a few drops of coconut water to your shampoo and conditioner is known to be a good remedy for oily hair.
- Coconut water is also known to control hair loss and damage and speed up hair growth.
I love the smell and taste of coconuts but the taste of coconut water is a bit bland for me. Zico and O.N.E., however, have 100% natural coconut water with some great natural flavors like passion fruit, orange and mango, for people who don’t like the taste. Sounds so yum doesn’t it?
Ok, it’s time to go sip some now!