Prabal Gurung’s collection for Target is filled with clothes that appeal to my style sensibilities- feminine prints and bright shades in simple, everyday silhouettes- and how I wish they could have found a place in my closet! It’s such a pity that I am not going to be in the States for this.
The pieces are inspired by different stages of love in a girl’s life, and their names reflect these milestones. What I like about the collection is that even though it contains feminine elements like ruffles, pleats, and florals, the clothes aren’t overtly girly. Clean, structured cuts, the recurring use of black, and details like cutouts, lace-ups and collars ensure that things don’t get too cutesy. They are for the grown-up girly girl!
Below are some pieces that are sure to brighten up your wardrobe. As you can see, I pretty much like everything in Floral Crush and Nolita print.
Individual Images via Elle.com
1) Blazer in Floral Crush print; long-sleeve tee; shorts in Floral Crush print
2) Cardigan in Dresden blue and Calypso coral; tank top
3) Ruffle dress in Apple red
4) Shirtdress in Nolita print
5) Short-sleeve dress in First Date print and black
6) Lace front blouse in white; shorts in Floral Crush print
7) Dress with full skirt in Floral Crush print
8) Skirt in Meet The Parents print
9) Miniaudiere in Nolita print
10) Lace-up pumps in black, Nolita print, and Apple red
The price ranges from $13 to $200, which, honestly, is a small price to pay to have some Prabal Gurung in your closet! Pick these pieces up either in stores or online starting February 10th. And when you do, don’t forget to come back and share what you got!