Maybelline never fails to win me over with their products. Their new range of FIT ME! makeup has literally fit me, and like how! I had the opportunity to try out the FIT ME! foundation, concealer, and pressed powder, and here’s what I thought of them.
To be honest, I have never been a fan of excess makeup and that cakey look so foundations have always been at the bottom of the list for me while applying makeup. One of the main reasons for this is that I don’t have a very uneven skin tone. What impressed me about Maybelline’s FIT ME! range is that when used with the right tools and technique, it can give you that natural no-makeup look without appearing cakey.
Just to elaborate a little more on each of the products, the foundation is a matte + poreless foundation that is recommended for women with normal to oily skin tone. It is thick and has a matte texture, but it spreads easily with a sponge. It takes away the unwanted shine from your face and gives it an oil-free and clean appearance. I used the shade “230 Natural Buff” and was pretty impressed by the degree to which it matched the color of my skin making it seem like a total natural look.
Moving on to the concealer, it has a bit of a thinner and creamier consistency as compared to the foundation. I used the “Light” shade and found that it spreads quite evenly. For women who do not apply foundation and require coverage only on specific areas, such as under the eyes or to conceal pimple marks etc., this concealer is a good buy as it has shades that are very close to the Indian skin tone.
I love the packaging of the FIT ME! pressed powder. It comes in a square box with a high quality mirror and a very cute sponge. I used the shade “220 Natural Beige” and loved the satin-like texture of it. The best part about this product is the fact that it doesn’t make the skin look dry and gives your face a very smooth and even appearance when blended properly. This compact is far more superior than the Maybelline White Super Fresh Compact Powder we reviewed earlier, as the various shades it offers are much closer to the Indian skin than the Super Fresh. It is also a little drying when compared to the FIT ME! compact, so between the two, I’d definitely go for FIT ME!.
Get The Look:
1. Wash your face clean with a mild soap and water.
2. Apply a gentle moisturizer (my personal favorite is Cetaphil). You can even apply a primer. However, I prefer just applying a moisturizer.
3. Pour coin-sized foundation at the back of your hand and with the help of a make-up sponge, dab it on the edges of your face, cheekbones, nose, jawline, etc.
4. Using a make-up sponge, slowly start spreading the foundation evenly on your face and neck and blend well till you see an even skin tone. Since I do not have very uneven skin tone, I usually get done with just one application and one layer of coverage. You may go in for more given your requirement.
5. Use the concealer under your eyes, on pimple marks, etc., and blend well.
6. Finish up by using the pressed powder on your face. This step needs to be done carefully as too much may make your face look cakey and too little will keep the skin looking uneven.
7. I usually finish up by using a blender brush all over my face with special focus on my nose and jawline.
* I would recommend doing your makeup with abundant natural light falling on your face. If that is not possible, try doing your make up under white light as yellow light can be very deceptive.
** If you want to glam up your look even more, use the Maybelline Dream Mousse blush. Its been one of my favorite products since I can remember; the creamy texture just blends so perfectly giving your cheeks that fresh and radiant look!
Splurge Score– 4/5