Image via FashionFixation
When it comes to following a beauty regimen, caring for your skin should always be the main priority, because having healthy skin means always looking presentable, with or without makeup. The skin is a sensitive part of our bodies and it can get irritated easily if it is not well-taken care of. Therefore, you need to embrace healthy skincare measures that will always keep your skin looking its best.
There are various ways in which you can keep your skin healthy and glowing. Some of them include using powerful essential oils that are specially designed for different skin types. Hence, you should first know your skin type in order to comfortably use some of these essential oils and other skincare ingredients. Take a look at the infographic below to know about some of the best essential oils you can use to tackle different skin concerns and then whip up our recommended, not to mention super easy, DIY essential oil face mask recipes to achieve naturally beautiful and radiant skin.
1. Almond Oil & Lemon
SHOP NOW: Almond Essential Oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 1 tablespoon of almond oil.
- Mix them well to get a smooth paste that you can gently apply on your face.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes to get soft, clear skin.
Almond is one of the best and most powerful essential oils that one can utilize to achieve a smooth, glowing skin. When combined with lemon, it helps in getting rid of uneven skin tone, dark circles, dark spots, and pigmentation problems. Within weeks of using this face mask, you will notice your skin improving; your spots will become lighter and your skin will appear more bright and even.
2. Coconut Oil & Coffee
SHOP NOW: Coconut Essential Oil
- Add ½ teaspoon of coconut oil to ½ teaspoon of ground coffee beans.
- Mix until you achieve a smooth paste and gently apply it on your face.
- Rinse the mask with warm water after leaving it on your face for about 30 to 45 minutes.
Coconut oil is suitable for almost all skin types and is widely used to help control various skin conditions as it possesses powerful antimicrobial, antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-fungal properties. It also protects skin from premature aging and radicals. When combined with coffee, it forms an effective face mask and it is one of the easiest DIY face masks to make.
3. Lavender Oil, Baking Soda & Honey
SHOP NOW: Lavender Essential Oil
- Mix ½ teaspoon of lavender oil with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Apply the smooth paste on your face and rinse it off with warm water after 15 minutes.
This face mask, which is also highly recommended by beauty specialists, is extremely beneficial in improving your skin’s health and making it look flawless. Baking soda helps tighten your skin pores, reduce redness, and combat bacteria on the skin. When combined with lavender oil and honey, the powerful ingredients in this face mask help soften and brighten the skin as they are equipped with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties.
4. Aloe Vera, Cucumber & Tea Tree Oil
SHOP NOW: Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Peel and mash a fresh cucumber and mix it with 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera.
- Apply the smooth paste on your face and rinse off after 20 to 30 minutes.
Tea tree oil is proven to be one of the best essential oils for curing numerous skin conditions including acne and blemish spots, while honey comes with excellent exfoliating properties that helps in promoting your skin’s elasticity. The cucumber in this face mask also has several skincare benefits such as the ability to revitalize skin and reduce enlarged pores. It also helps fade dark spots and nourishes the skin, giving it a nice glow.
5. Tamanu Oil, Yogurt & Cucumber
SHOP NOW: Tamanu Essential Oil
- Mix one teaspoon of tamanu oil with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of grated fresh cucumber.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Pat dry and follow up with your regular moisturizer.
For decades, tamanu oil has been used to combat various skin conditions and to keep the skin looking flawless and radiant. It comes with medicinal benefits given that it helps in regenerating skin tissues, fighting bacteria, and healing wounds. This oil contains a very powerful anti-inflammatory lipid known as calophyllolide, which makes tamanu oil unique from other essential oils. When combined with yogurt and cucumber, you get one of the most potent face packs with super ingredients that have antioxidant, antibiotic, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Hemp Seed Oil & Avocado
SHOP NOW: Hemp Seed Essential Oil
- Combine 5 drops of hemp seed oil with 1 tablespoon of mashed avocado.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
Hemp seed oil is one of the most rich and powerful essential oils with properties that help maintain your skin and keep it spot-free. It comes with omega-3 and omega-6, and it is made of 80% essential fatty acids. When combined with avocado, this mixture forms a face mask that helps to eliminate acne and blackheads and leaves your skin feeling nourished. This oil also works well when mixed with a thick oil like jojoba or castor oil.
For more tips, health advice, and DIY recipes for beautiful looking skin, head over to FixYourSkin.